The first 5 years of a child’s life are ones of exponential growth in awareness. They also play a foundational role in determining how your child will interact with the world and the other people in it. If they get off on the wrong foot it could send negative ripples through the rest of their life. As such, and because they’ll be spending a fair amount of time in the daycare facility you choose, you want their experience there to be positive and constructive. To ensure it is you’ll want to ask some pointed but fair questions of the daycare provider.
Interview Questions for Daycare in Aurora
To determine if a daycare is right for your child be prepared to ask the following questions
- Are you fully licensed? – Ask them to produce their daycare license and make sure it is current. A licensed daycare in Aurora is required by law to abide by certain standards when it comes to safety, security, the qualifications of the people interacting with the kids and more. If they’re not licensed it may be wise to take a pass.
- What are the qualifications of the staff? – Do the people who spend the most time with the kids have any special certificates or degrees? Do they have prior experience working with children? Do you conduct background checks on the people who work with the children?
- What type of communication is there between the daycare and parents? – What is the procedure for alerting parents in case of an emergency situation? Are parents allowed to drop by unannounced? Is there a regularly updated social media page where parents can be keep track of what’s going on?
- Do they provide references? – Any high quality daycare facility should be able to provide references. While a lot of parents will want to remain anonymous the facility should nonetheless have enough references on offer to satisfy you in this regard. If they can’t or won’t supply references you should take a pass.
- How do they deal with disciplinary problems? – You’ll want to know how the daycare deals with trouble and how they mediate conflicts between children. The last thing you want is to put your child in a facility that tolerates bullying. So it’s essential you learn about their disciplinary procedures.
- Who has access to the kid’s area? – Do they allow contractors and delivery people into the area where the kids are? Do they allow staff members to bring friends into the facility? Do they allow entertainers into the daycare for birthdays or holidays?
- How rigid are their policies? – What happens if you’re late picking up your child? Will they accommodate your child’s special dietary needs? Find out if their policies are etched in stone or if there is a degree of leeway.
Don’t be shy when it comes to asking a daycare in Aurora the above questions. If the daycare has been around a while they’ve heard it all and more. The important thing is for you to feel comfortable with your choice.