It can be difficult to make time to communicate with your child care provider on a daily basis, especially if you are running late and need to get to work in a hurry. However, there are a number of things that you should make sure your child’s carers are aware of, no matter how pressed for time you may be. Some of these things you can tell them about the very first time you drop your child off and never have to worry about again but others may change on a daily basis, which is why you should always make time to communicate.
Child Care in Maple: What to Tell Your Provider
Local moms and dads should take note of the following nine things, and make sure that whoever is taking care of their children is aware of every one of them.
- How Your Child Is Feeling Physically – You should always let carers know how your child is feeling physically. If they are ill, of course you need to mention this fact. If they are well, a couple of words will suffice.
- Your Child’s Emotional State – If your child is upset, this is something you need to tell the people who are providing you with child care in Maple.
- Changes to Your Routine – If you are going to be out of town for a few hours, you should make your child’s carers aware of this fact and provide them with contact details for your partner or another substitute, in case they need to get hold of someone who can come to the day care centre immediately in the event of an emergency.
- Allergies – Whichever child care in Maple you use, you must let them know about any allergies your child has or happens to develop over time.
- Phobias – If your child has a fear of spiders, small spaces, or anything else, you should let his or her carers know.
- Absences – If you are planning to keep your child at home for the day, let the child care centre know so they do not worry.
- Religious Beliefs – If you have any strong religious beliefs that may preclude your child from participating in certain activities, this is something that you must let the day care centre know about the very first time you visit.
- Behavioral Issues – Parents of children with recognized behavioral issues need to let their child care providers know what these issues are.
- Medication – Whenever your child is taking medication, you need to make sure that his or her carers are aware of this fact and can administer the drugs in question at the appropriate time if necessary.
If you would like to make sure that your son or daughter is always in safe hands when you are at work, call to discuss our child care in Maple whenever you have a moment to spare. We would be delighted to answer any and all questions you may have about our centre.