The Oak Tree Childcare Centre was first established in 1992 as a home daycare and our first centre opened in 2004. We have provided a fully licensed daycare serving families located in King City, Oak Ridges and Richmond Hill. Our programs and services have grown to become an exceptional environment that provides parents with alternatives for their children’s care, education and social needs all contained within a facility that is loving and caring.
- We offer Innovative daycare programs which allow children to explore and discover the joy of learning in a safe, caring and friendly environment.
- Flexible, full day or half day daycare programs offered with hot lunch.
- Summer and Winter Camp Programs
- Seasonal extended operation hours to provide families with childcare solutions
- Fun, educational and recreational extra-curricular activities offered on a weekly basis.
- Stimulating Before and After School Programs for children 5-12 years of age
- Fresh, nutritious meals are prepared daily by the Centre’s chef. We offer breakfast, lunch and two snacks per day. Our healthy menu has been designed through consultation with a health dietician and meets the Canada Food Guidelines criteria.
- Peanut-free daycare environment
Our large centre is built to encourage natural curiosity and creative learning.
Our state of the art indoor playground has been designed and built on the principles of variety and diversity to challenge all ages and to ensure that their introduction to physical education meets the developmental milestones needed for movement experiences and play.
Experienced and Registered Early Childhood Educators are highly trained and experienced staff who collaborate with children and their families to develop effective and strategic learning solutions.
The Oak Tree Childcare Centre supports:
- The Hospital for Sick Children (SickKids)
- Children’s Wish Foundation of Canada
- Muscular Dystrophy Canada
- Richmond Hill Food Bank
Each year as a team, teachers, children and families fundraise in various ways to teach our children the importance of giving within the community.
Our Vision –
What makes the Oak Tree Childcare Centre different?
The early years of one’s childhood only happens once in a lifetime. We at the Oak Tree Childcare Centre believe that we need to make each one of those moments count. The first six years are the stepping-stones to what can be a healthy, happy and loving life.
We have designed our program to provide opportunities to foster the personal development and well-being of each child to help him/her to create and maintain supportive relationships and become an active and responsible citizen in society.
The differences our centre make can be seen in the face of every child who graduates from our program – a happy, confident, intelligent, and independent child that retains an educational curiosity throughout life and approaches new experiences with an eagerness to learn.
Our Educational Principles –
At the Oak Tree Childcare Centre we strive to facilitate exceptional service and education to help families and their children achieve their goals.
Our education centre system is built upon various philosophies. We have adopted the Reggio Project Approach in addition to our own unique system, which we developed through over 20 years of experience in the field of child care.
The Oak Tree Childcare Centre philosophy stresses a three-point system that we believe will allow your child to put their best foot forward and further instill a sense of comfort and confidence in their continued pursuit of education.
We believe in:
- Smile and welcome each child – every child is exceptional.
- Show every child how special he/she is – instill confidence at an early age.
- Spend quality time with each child – give every child the much needed attention.
- Create a loving atmosphere – encourage friendships.
- Let each child find the activities that he/she feels comfortable with – provide a wide selection of mind games and puzzles that promote problem solving.
- Promote sharing and cooperation – encourage the children to play together and learn from each other. provide group games, board games, and playground structures that advance communal play.
- Our certified teachers listen to your children and show them the utmost respect – we believe that education should evoke communication.
- Read to the children, talk to the children, sing to the children – engage the children in different mediums to continual motivate their attention.
- Always act with love, caring and kindness to everyone at the centre – a loving environment is a good learning environment.
- Express emotions and feelings through drama and movement – help each child develop acuity in responding to non-verbal communication and promote mutual consideration and artistic growth.