At a dedicated childcare facility, children learn essential skills. This means that they go on to become respectful, polite, responsible and successful young people. In this article, we’ll tell you how. Read on to find out how daycare centres help to cultivate these attributes in the children they care for.
The Benefits of Daycare for Child Development
- Attachment and Emotional Development – When first entering daycare, it’s normal for some children to experience separation anxiety. Spending time away from their parents with people they aren’t familiar with can cause them some initial emotional distress. Aurora daycare specialists are well-equipped to deal with this common issue. From day one, they make them feel comfortable and foster the child’s emotional development. This leads them to be better prepared for entering school in the future.
- Stimulation – Parents lead busy lives, and trying to keep on top of everything while taking care of a child and keeping them happy is a challenge. At daycare, children are given constant stimulation through activities, which are designed by child development specialists. Teachers understand how short a child’s attention span can be, and provide constant entertainment to ensure that they never get bored.
- Socialising – Daycare provides an opportunity for children to meet new people. They’ll learn and play with their peers in a safe and structured environment, where they’re encouraged to make friends. They learn to communicate with each other, share, and take turns. This means that they’re better at cooperating, problem solving and resolving conflict. They also learn how to socialize with other adults besides their parents and respect other authority figures.
- Cognitive Development – At an Aurora daycare centre, children’s motor skills, cognitive function and language skills are consistently developed through structured programs. On a daily basis, children are given fun and engaging activities to help them develop these essential skills. As a result, children who have attended daycare have more diverse vocabularies when they move on to attend school.
- Regular Routine – Routine is crucial for young children, and daycare caters to that. Every day, there is a set schedule, including activities, games, storytelling, meals and naps. This structure means that a child’s behaviour is kept under control, and erratic behaviour is kept to a minimum.
- Physical Development – The routines at daycare include physical activities that promote healthy growth and development. They’re able to run around, play and exercise in a way that’s safe. This can involve games, soft play areas, jungle gyms and sports.
Choose Aurora Daycare for Your Child
Daycare allows children to develop critical social skills and positive behavioural patterns in a safe, supervised environment. Their personalities, abilities and well-being are consistently nurtured to ensure that they get the most they can out of their time there. At Oak Tree Childcare centre, we have a range of programs for infants, toddlers, and children up to twelve years of age. To learn more about our childcare programs and facilities, contact us or drop in for a visit.