Are you thinking about sending your child to a daycare centre? You can’t just choose any place. Making sure you find the best option for you and your child should be a rigorous process. It involves lots of research, visits, and asking around. Read on to find out why you should really think it through before making a decision.
Factors to Consider When Choosing Childcare in Aurora
- The Cost – Childcare can be very costly, and you need to be sure that you’re getting your money’s worth. There could also be some extra charges that may take you by surprise after you’ve enrolled your child. For example, some daycare providers have charges for dropping your child off early or picking them up late. Others don’t allow children to attend when they’re ill, which could mean that you have to take days off work to care for them yourself. If this isn’t something that you can afford, it’s best to look at other options for childcare in Aurora
- The Care – The type and quality of care that is given at a daycare centre will no doubt be one of the most important factors in your decision. Talk to them about what they do there, but don’t just take their word for it. Drop in for visits and take a look at how the adults interact with the children, what the facilities are like, and what kind of activities they’re doing. Are staff warm and attentive? Are there enough adults to give adequate time and attention to each child? Are young infants given enough one-on-one time? These are all things you should be looking out for.
- The Policy – Before agreeing to send your child to a daycare centre, you’ll need to make sure that their policies are in line with the way you teach and care for your child. Find out what their policies are on discipline, illness, feeding and napping. You may find that you aren’t comfortable with some of them.
- The Credentials – You don’t want just anyone looking after your child while you’re not around. Find out what qualifications the staff have to see how suitable they are. If they’re highly qualified in child education and development, it will put your mind at ease.
- The Reputation – Sometimes, the best way to find out what a daycare is really like isn’t to ask the staff, but the parents. Talk to people who already send their children there and see how they feel about it. Are they satisfied with it? Is there anything they wish they’d known before they enrolled?
Find the Right Childcare in Aurora
At Oak Tree Daycare, we’re dedicated to providing care that both parents and children love. We’ve crafted innovative programs that allow children to explore, learn and play in a safe and friendly environment. We also foster the development of each individual child, because we know how special every child is. Contact us to find out more about what we do.